Looking for a way to cool off this summer? Gather the family to make homemade ice cream! Making homemade ice cream can help stifle boredom and satisfy your little one’s sweet tooth. Follow this simple recipe:
-1 gallon ziplock bag
-1 pint ziplock bag
-2 tablespoons sugar
-1 cup half and half
-1/2 cup salt
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 gallon bag’s worth of ice cubes
1. Pour sugar, salt and vanilla extract into the pint-sized ziplock bag.
2. Put the salt and ice in the gallon-sized bag.
3. Place the sealed small bag inside the larger bag and seal shut.
4. Shake the bag for 5 minutes or until mixture hardens.
5. Take out the smaller bag, throw in frozen fruit, nuts, broken up candy bars or eat it plain.
-Photo courtesy of rakratchada torsap/freedigitalphotos.net